Are You New to Medicare? Feeling lost? Don’t worry – you’re not alone.
People who are new to Medicare often have a hard time sorting things out in the beginning. There are all these parts and plans with similar letters, which makes it hard to figure out what is what. The massive amount of mail doesn’t help either! It is not unusual for a local client to bring in a whole bag of Medicare mail he has received at home and ask for our help to identify which things should be kept or tossed out.
At our agency, we assist individuals newly eligible for Medicare from the first step until all your coverage ID cards are in your hand. You will be amazed at how quickly and easily we walk you through the process.
New to Medicare Checklist
When first becoming eligible, there several steps to get the ball rolling. Although it seems like a lot, it’s a painless process when you know the proper steps to take, and we can take you through them:
- Contact the Social Security office for the necessary forms to apply: www.ssa.gov
- Apply for Medicare by completing the Part A & B application, and sometimes also a form which your employer may need to sign stating that you are leaving group health insurance
- Receive and verify your red, white and blue Medicare ID card
- Learn, understand and ultimately select your Medicare supplemental insurance coverage
- Comprehend Part D and determine which drug plan best suits you
- Get all your questions answered as you start using your benefits. We are always available for your calls and questions.
- Review your coverage annually to make sure you are getting the most appropriate insurance at the right price
So if you are feeling bewildered or overwhelmed, rest assured that our friendly, knowledgeable agents can walk you through this process from A to Z. We can teach you the basics so that you understand your Original Medicare coverage, and that’s the key to deciding which kind of supplemental coverage works best for you.
Once your policy in place, you will also have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that we are just a phone call away when you need help with how your policy works. To get help from Boomer Benefits now: Get Help Here.
To continue learning Medicare, go next to: Medicare Eligibility.