Gerber Life Medicare Supplement plans are something of a surprise to many people. Gerber Products, after all, is known as the baby food company, and Gerber Life’s insurance division is also well-known for its child life insurance policies.
However, this stable insurance carrier offers a variety of types of insurance policies including Medicare Supplements. That’s a good thing as it contributes to the company’s growth and cash reserves. Their mission is to be the company parents and grandparents trust.
Started in 1967, Gerber Life Insurance Company has grown into one of the most recognizable name brand insurance companies in the world. Now owned by the Nestle Company, it has a solid A rating from A.M. Best as of the writing of this article. This is considered excellent and strong.
In 2009, Gerber was also named of the Top 50 Performing Life and Health Insurance companies in the United States.
Gerber Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans Offered
Gerber Life offers all of the 10 standardized plan options, but availability varies by state. The federal government standardized these plans in 1990 so that consumers like you can easily compare them. Gerber also Medicare Select versions of some of these plans.
The following chart shows the Gerber Medicare Supplement insurance plans side-by-side:
The plans that are most popular sellers nationwide are as follows:
Gerber Medicare Supplement Plan A
Plan A is the most basic Medicare supplement. It covers your coinsurance both in and out of the hospital. It extends your inpatient hospital coverage for 365 days after Medicare benefits run out. When you seek outpatient care, Medicare pays 80% and Plan A will pay the other 20%. This plan does not cover deductibles or skilled nursing coinsurance or excess charges. However, it is often the most affordable Medicare supplement because it has the least benefits.
Gerber Medicare Supplement Plan F
Plan F offers the most coverage. It pays for all of the gaps that Medicare Parts A and B have. Plan F covers both your deductibles and your coinsurance on an inpatient and outpatient basis. It also provides for skilled nursing and excess charges. Furthermore, it provides up to $50,000 of foreign travel. With Plan F, you will not pull your wallet out for any Part A or B services.
Gerber Medicare Supplement Plan G
Plan G provides nearly as much coverage as Plan F. The only difference is the Part B deductible which occurs annually. You will pay this deductible. After that, Plan G pays exactly like Plan F. Premiums are often lower for Plan G because of this, so it’s worth getting quotes for both plans and comparing the numbers.
Gerber Medicare Supplement Plan N
Plan N is usually less expensive than Plan G. This is because you agree to do some more cost-sharing. You will pay the Part B deductible, any excess charges and doctor copays as well as E.R. copays. It’s a good choice for someone who is willing to do some cost-sharing in order to get more affordable monthly premiums.
How to Apply for Gerber Life Medicare Supplement Plans
Gerber Medicare Supplements are one of many that we offer here at Boomer Benefits. Is it the best choice for you? That depends on several factors. Rates for Medicare supplements vary based on age, gender, tobacco usage, zip code and your eligibility for household discounts. Our software at Boomer Benefits lets us compare all Medigap companies in your area. We’ll quickly see whether Gerber Medicare supplements are competitive in your area.
When you apply for a Gerber Life Medicare supplement plan through Boomer Benefits, you will automatically get free claims support for life from our Client Service Team. This team of experts will handle everything for you on the back end.