The Boomer Benefits scholarship is designed for an adult student age 50+ who has returned to school to complete their degree. We especially love students who demonstrate a passion for service to others – particularly service to older Americans. Our business involves helping people with Medicare, and we applaud students who give their time in service to this demographic.
Learn more about our semi-annual Boomer Benefits scholarship, who it honors, and why we offer it here.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Scholarship Application Deadline for 2018:
Spring Scholarship Deadline: January 15, 2018
Fall Scholarship Deadline: August 15, 2018
2018 Fall Scholarship Application Requirements:
Award will be based on applicant’s GPA, amount and nature of his or her community service, and the strength of letters of recommendation submitted.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident age 50 or older
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program or a graduate program at an accredited public or private school, including community colleges or universities within the continental U.S.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed Application
- A Letter of Recommendation from a professor you’ve had in the last 2 years, or the Facilitator of a verifiable community service organization
- An official current transcript submitted with your application or mailed to us at 5650 N. Riverside Dr. #200, Fort Worth, TX 76137.
- Letter from applicant describing 1) current career goals and how this education will help will help to achieve those goals and 2) community service history and what it has meant to them
Previous monetary awards or scholarships have no bearing on this scholarship award
Boomer Benefits Scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution and are used for tuition, fees or books
Must not be related to any owner or employee of Boomer Benefits.
Winner will be notified within 30 days past the deadline.
You can read more about our previous winners here.
Attn: Scholarship Review Board
Boomer Benefits, 5650 N. Riverside Dr. #200, Fort Worth, TX 76137
Email: scholarship (at) boomerbenefits.com